50 Fascinating Info About Folks & # 39; s Selection Awards Icon Jennifer Lopez
13. She played her first major film role in 1995 in the drama My Family, directed by Gregory Nava. Although uncredited for her portrayal of Young Maria, she still received a nomination for the Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Woman. You lost against Mare Winningham.
14. In 1997 she landed the role of her life, playing the late Tejano singer Selena Quintanilla in Selena. Despite working with Nava, who directed the film, she was still subjected to an intense audition. Her salary for the film was reportedly $ 1 million, which made her the highest paid Hispanic actress in history at the time.
15. The shooting of the concert scenes of the film made her want a career as a musician. "When I did Selena, it all came back and had this kind of interaction with fans and the public that you don't get in movies," she told the Los Angeles Times in 1999. "I missed that very much. I missed it." the excitement of the stage that I had at the beginning of my career with musical theater. "
16. On February 22, 1997, she married Husband No. 1, a Cuban waiter Ojani Noa. They were married for less than a year.
17. Despite their brief association, he was a thorn in her side for years, forcing her to sue him in 2006 to prevent him from publishing a book about their marriage on the grounds that it violated her confidentiality agreement. The following year, a court-appointed arbitrator issued a standing order prohibiting him from "criticizing, denigrating, placing in a negative light or otherwise disparaging" his ex-wife.